Tuesday, December 9, 2008

And the Hits Just Keep on Coming

One of my friends told me this weekend that my blog posts aren't all that entertaining. Objectively, she's probably right. My posts are almost like a personal fitness journal, so apologies to people who read this and aren't entertained. I could try to be more entertaining, but I blog because it's a good release for me, and it would cease to be so if I had to make lots of effort to be entertaining.

I would hate to disappoint, so this post continues in the long line of boring. At any rate, ever since I decided to start running again on a regular basis, I've encountered all of these health problems that I never had before. I can't ever think of a time before that I had a running injury, but as of late, I've been plagued by them -- the heel, the thigh etc. Since those problems have abated, I've just been plain unhealthy. Normally, I have a good constitution, but this fall and winter have been the exception. I am sick yet again. I think that it all started at Thanksgiving. My adorable 9-month old niece was sick. One of the cutest things she does is the raspberries. I pretty much spent most of Thanksgiving and the days following encouraging her to do them because it was just so cute. It wasn't smart of me because I, in essence, ended up getting spat on the whole holiday and weekend by a sick baby. The upshot? Because I've been sick, I haven't been up to running since Thanksiving. You know what, though? It was worth being sick because my niece is so cute.

I have grandiose plans to get back on the road tomorrow....

No comments: