Wednesday, October 29, 2008

All By Myself....

Can you hear Celine Dion's voice in your head? Maybe it's scary that I can. For those of you normal folk out there who don't have Celine playing in your head at random times, I'm referring to the cover she does of the Eric Carmen power ballad "All By Myself." And no, I'm not that musically astute. I only know who sang the original because I looked it up on Wikipedia, so it might not even be true.

But, I digress. What I mean to talk about is that I actually ran all by myself at work yesterday. Since I broke my foot, and even before then, I rarely ever would run by myself. I would tag along with Eugene or run with my work running group. Yesterday, I actually wanted to run and dragged my lazy bum to the locker room, suited up, and went for a nice run. I appreciated the solitude although I like running partners. The solitude was nice because I could go at my own pace and didn't feel obligated to stop at intervals like I do when I run with the group. I was also able to go further. I ran the entire mall this time instead of only 2/3.

Actually, the song might not be too irrelevant. While Eric Carmen or Celine belt out "don't wanna be, all by myself," I, in contrast, did want that yesterday -- to prove that I have the motivation to run on my own.

No comments: