Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Starbucks Gold

Well it's official, despite all my denials and claims to the contrary, I am a Starbucks addict... I got my new Starbucks Gold card in the mail last week. I really didn't think I went there THAT much, but apparently I rate special status. Of course, if Starbucks conducts data mining on its customer purchase history, and they saw I bought 125 gift cards last year (we gave them out as wedding favors). Word to the wise, if you are ever planning to do something like that, I would recommend you go online to Starbucks.com and do the mass order. When you do it in the store, they have to manually actually activate each one, which takes a bit of time... and seeing as I chose to do it on a busy Saturday morning at the Bowie Town Center, it didn't win me any friends with all the other people waitin for their lattes...

Anyway, getting back on topic, the Gold card is basically is a standard Starbucks card, except it offers you a 10% discount. It's been a hoot walking into Starbucks and watching the barristas "ooh" and "ahh" since I guess these are still relatively new. Note to other Gold card holders: they have to actually run the card once as a Gold card, then run it again as a regular Starbucks card. Otherwise you won't get your 10%.

It's also been fun to show it off to my friends and family... some, that I won't name, who refuse to admit they are dripping with jealously (Leah, Laura). But rest assured for all you, eh, little people, you will have the option to get your own Gold card soon enough. Looks like you'll have to dish out $25 to get one though :)

No comments: