Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Wagon and the Saddle

So, after lofty and grandiose statements about my ambitious 10-K training program, I have fallen hard off the wagon. I have my excuses, though. Let me chronicle my backslidden path. I was supposed to begin my training program on October 19, which is a Sunday. Unfortunately, I got really really sick the Saturday before. I was sick for the rest of the week running a temperature of 103 and unable to eat for days (justified in skipping, I think). I finally recovered the next Sunday, but did I start exercising again? No. I was supposed to go to yoga Monday, but skipped to do work. The next two days, instead of running during lunch, I went out to lunch. (not so justifable) On Thursday, I went to yoga; I'll interpret that as the strength training portion of the program. I finally ran today with one of my work running buddies, but she had a headache, so we didn't go as far and stopped a bunch of times. At least I got out there, though. This puts me a week behind in training. Here's to getting back in the saddle.

No comments: