Monday, October 6, 2008

Training to Train - 10/6

I've started running at lunch with a group of women from my office. I'm the only one in the group that has done distance running or races. The group usually runs for five minutes and walks for two and have built up to that interval over a few months or so. They're a great group for me to run with while I'm rehabbing my foot and "training to train" or preparing to start the formal 10k training program. We ran/walked for 2.3 or so miles today and sprinted at the end. I didn't win the sprint, which was sad to me since, again, I'm the only one in the group that has done racing or distances. At any rate, it will be sad when I can't run with them anymore when my training program picks up. They're fun people and aren't directionally challenged like I am and can plan runs better.

Later on, I did myself proud. I went to yoga at the end of the day. Even though I had paid for four sessions, I missed the first three. I haven't been to yoga since mid-end summer when I broke my foot. It kicked my butt today. We didn't take any breaks and moved quickly from pose to pose. It was like aerobic exercise and I was dripping with sweat. I felt like jelly afterward, but in a good way, if that makes sense.

No comments: