Monday, November 3, 2008

Priorities: Eat, Run, Sleep

So, I listed my priorities in that order. On Sunday, I was drained and tired. I forgot about daylight savings and woke up an hour too early and was coming off of a rough weekend. I thought that it would be nice to go for a run to blow off some steam, but I also wanted to take a nap. Running and sleeping are both nice forms of escape. For the first time ever, I chose the run over the nap with some encouragement from Eugene. It was a wonderful run. I ran 4.2 miles -- out of our neighborhood and down the road to the next one, where I ran a wicked hill. The fall colors were beautiful. The road that runs by our neighborhood is windy and lined with hills, streams, and trees. I ran for a few stretches where I was the only one on the road -- no cars on the usually busy road. It was beautiful and peaceful and just what I needed.

Today, I was all set to go for a run during lunch, but I got a call from one of my friends who invited me to lunch. You can read about Proof, where I went, in my food blog. I never turn down time with friends and good food for running. So that's where my priorities lie. I'll pick running over sleep but definitely not over good food.

Hey, at least I went to yoga this evening. It was hard but relaxing, and I fell on my head doing a handstand. That's another story....

No comments: