Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Parallel Universe

So, Eugene always used to harass me for not running, and oftentimes, he would go running while I would sleep or laze around the house. He would also usually run every day or close to that during the week. This week, something unprecedented happened. Something that has never happened in the history of the world. I ran more than Eugene! I ran on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Eugene ran once during the week and on Saturday. Saturday was pretty funny because normally, he tries to get me to run. He really didn't want to go out on Saturday. I kept bugging him and bugging him, but he told me that his knee was bothering him, so I relented. In the end, he decided to go out despite the knee. A run with me is still like a recovery run for him because I'm still so slow (although a tiny bit less). We had a nice four or so mile run and did some killer hills.

I guess I have to burst my bubble a bit. The only reason Eugene didn't run a lot this week was because he ran the marathon last Sunday. Even so, the normal me wouldn't have run four times in one week, so that's something.

It's still a parallel universe, though, because I've gotten to the point where I look forward to running every day. I have never felt like that in my entire life, even when I was training pretty faithfully for my first marathon.

No comments: